Friday, September 19, 2008

What a week!!!!

Has anyone ever had one of those weeks where on Friday you finally get home from working a 40 hour week job, taken all of your kids to at least one doctor appt, driven to New Orleans for a 15 minute checkup, taken two children to therapy and had to fit in sleep and food and try to get a little sanity along the way????? Well that was my week...Sophie had her checkup from her surgery and all is great! Her incision looks wonderful and is healing just fine. Her ear is still draining a little. But all in all she is back to her little prissy self! You can definitely tell she is not hearing anything from that ear. Her activation is October 3rd. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait. Price and Andrew are both doing well. Andrew started ADD medication this week. I have been told for about 2 years from his teachers that they thought he should be tested. Last year he was diagnosed but I was so scared to give him medication for it. I finally was able to see this year how much he is struggling and decided to give it a try. And we have already seen a difference. Andrew says he feels more focused at school and he is feeling more confident in his Math class. Andrew, Price and Sophie all have allergy issues this week. So we are battling runny noses and red watery eyes and coughs. Price and Sophie's therapy is going great. Shelley, Sophie's therapist, says she is doing great. She wants to videotape her next week so she can use it when she quest speaks at LSU and Southeastern. Price is coming along with his speech. Sometimes I feel he needs more therapy because I can't really understand much of what he is saying but then there are times were I think he is doing well. The only reason Sophie is able to see Shelley is because Early Steps is providing the services for her. Our insurance does not cover Shelley, the only AVT in Louisiana. The therapist that is working with Price has only had 4 other HOH children in her career. So I am not sure what I should do??? Price did get evaluated in August thru the Livingston Parish School board but we have not yet met with the IEP coordinator to review the eval and put the options on the table of what he will be eligible for. So I am kinda caught in limbo with that. AHHHH!!! Gosh! I feel like I have a lot going on...but I don't like to complain. Next week will be better, less stress!!

2 comments:

My3Angels said...

You sound like me! Always on the go!! I always say "if my lifes not busy and hectic somethings wrong!" Im glad the little ones healing well!

Take care
Janice

Unknown said...

You DO have a lot going on!! Somehow you will get through it we always do! Hang in there!