Friday, September 5, 2008

Anxious Mom before surgery

This last week has definitely gotten my mind off of Sophie's surgery. All the aftermath after Hurricane Gustave has sure kept us busy. But now as the dust settles, I start to worry about surgery day. I know that it is just a motherly feeling we have when our children have to undergo a hospital stay. I am more worried about the anesthesia more than anything. But she will be well taken care of and the Lord will keep her under His wings. We were able to reschedule our hotel room but they said that Emergency workers have been occupying the rooms and we may not have our room when we get there. Luckily my sister lives about 30 minutes from New Orleans in Covington so we may have to camp out there the night after the surgery. We have to stay over night near New Orleans because Sophie has a follow appt scheduled the day after surgery at the Dr.'s office. All has worked out so far so I am sure that this will too!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I will be thinking about you guys! Are you doing one or two? I am fighting with UHC so I am hopeful that since they are covering yours, maybe they will cover ours! Good luck! I look forward to reading about her surgery and activation!

tammy said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with your family! I experienced the anesthesia today as Aiden had his first MRI ... not fun to see your baby go through this, but they're more of a trooper than I think we give them credit for! My baby makes me a stronger person! Amazing! Best of luck! I can't wait to hear how everything goes!

Charlotte said...

I have been following your blog with interest.

I wish you and you lovely little girl all the best for up coming surgery.

I had mine done in July, at being 30, my mum was so worried!! so I guess it doesn't matter how old you are, mums will always worry! LOL, anyway, I flew through the surgery without any complications and had very good recovery. My mum were able to relax and let me get on with my life very soon after the surgery, she went home 4 days after.. I am sure Sophie will be on her feet and playing soon after the op.

Look forward to her post surgery and activcation stories.

Landon's Mom said...

It's definitely harder on the parents than the kids. I think the walk from the hotel to the surgery area was the longest in my life. The nurses in the preop and recovery are the nicest in the world. They'll give her some liquid in the preop room so when it's time to hand her over they are in la-la land. Landon laughed at the lights on the ceiling the whole time we walked to the OR doors and never batted an eye when they took him away. It will be over before you know it. We'll be praying for Sophie - and ya'll. Keep us posted.
Jen