Friday, September 26, 2008

1 week until activation...

I am so excited for Sophie that she will soon experience the gift of hearing. It is still amazing to me the technology that is going to be enabling her nerve and brain to hear. You know some people may say that we should have left her ears like they were, that God made her that way. But you know God gave others the gift of knowledge and extrinsic thought to be able to engineer a device that will allow sound to be transfered into electrical impulses in order to stimulate a tiny little nerve that allows a person to interpret it as true sound. Their wisdom is helping my little girl and thousands of others experience what most of us take for granted, SOUND. THANK YOU TO ALL OF THOSE PEOPLE INVOLVED IN MAKING THIS SUCH A BLESSING FOR THOSE WHO CANNOT HEAR. I wonder if she is going to cry when she hears the first beeps and buzzes through her CI? I wonder if she is going to want to keep it on? I think she is going to do great, regardless of her initial reaction. Price is so excited about Sophie's new "magic ear." He said he wants one of those too! I think this is going to be an exciting time for our entire family. I can't wait!!!!! I am going to video her activation and will try to post on our blog (never done that before).

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see her face the first time she hears!!! It's going to be amazing!!

VBnBama said...

you know, my daughter cried but my son laughed (hysterically)...so ya just never know what they'll do.

Melanie said...

Hooray for Sophie. My son hardly responded at all- his eyes just got really BIG. It is a great moment no matter what the reaction is.

Greg said...

I still tear up when I hear stories like this.They bring back tough yet wonderful memories. She will do great!. She might not cry, but you will! God Bless.

Kimberly said...

Yeah Sophie!!!!!!!

I'll never forget when my son was activated. At first he cried but then he put his hand up to that ear and then put my hand up to that ear, "like can you hear/feel that mom?" When his sister said something to him, he laughed. So who knows, but it WILL be unforgettable.

Can't wait to hear about activation day!!!!!!!!

BTW, when I was reading down through your blog, your son Price resembles my son so much that at first I thought you had a picture of my son on your blog! They could be twins.

Unknown said...

You couldn't have said it better about the ball of emotions coming our way this week. Good luck - I'll be thinking of you on our girls' activation day!!

tammy said...

The thought gives me chills! You are so right, thank God for giving people these extraordinary minds to create such wonderful technologies! I can't wait to hear about activation day!!!

Love how Price wants a "magic ear" too! Too cute!