Monday, August 25, 2008

Cochlear Implant Approval!!! HOORAY!!!

We have received approval from our insurance (UHC) for Sophie's CI. HOW WONDERFUL IS THAT!!! We were originally scheduled for surgery on Aug. 5th but things didn't work out as planned and things had to be moved. I am so nervous about the surgery. Although I know she is going to be fine but everything under the sun runs through my mind and I get all worked up. Surgery is going to be at Ochsner in New Orleans, by Dr. Timothy Molony. He is a wonderful surgeon and I know he and his staff will take great care of her. Now we will be counting down the days!!!!!

6 comments:

Landon's Mom said...

Good luck with the surgery. I'll put Sophie on our homeschool prayer list. Dr. Molony and all the staff at the hospital are wonderful. She'll be up and playing before you know it.

elizabeth said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You will be in my prayers!

Laurie said...

Congratulations! I just found your blog through Deaf Village. . .I smile when I read blogs written by parents who are giving their children a chance to hear and participate in the hearing world with cochlear implants. Your children are darling and lucky to have you for their mommy!

Laurie in TN

leah said...

It is such a relief when the insurance comes through without too much hassle! And sending my thoughts and prayers that everything goes smoothly until her activation day!

tammy said...

That's GREAT news!!!! I'm scared to get to this point ... especially since we'll be changing insurance companies soon. We will pray everything goes well for Sophie and your family on her big day!!

Unknown said...

Do you know if you can still have her surgery in New Orleans? We are in the appeal process with UHC. How many appeals did it take? Oh, you guys are in our prayers! The 11th is my husband's birthday - it's a good day!