Thursday, August 28, 2008

AVT-Speech Banana


Sophie has been doing exceptionally well in her therapy. We meet with Shelley once a week for one hour at a time. Shelley says that Sophie is getting great sound with her hearing aids. Sophie loves her learning to listen sounds. She is suprising me every minute. She brings me her little books all the time because she loves looking at the pictures and making the sounds that go with each one. I can't imagine once she gets her CI. I am almost second guessing myself whether or not she needs one. Although, I know she is still not getting ALL she needs for language development but she is doing so good. Shelley and everyone else reinforces that the CI will bring her to a level to where she hears EVERYTHING. And will not miss anything. Her aids only bring her to 35 dbls and then it drops off drastically at around 1000-2000. Unaided she is around the 90-100 dbls. Those hearing aids must be pretty powerful!!!! Gosh, what wonderful technology there is out there!!!

2 comments:

Dustin, Heather and Gavin said...

Hello
My Name is Heather Frost! I found you off the Kohler's Blog! My son is deaf. Severe(right ear) to Left ear) Profound. He is 19 months. Gavin recieved his first implant on august 1st 2008. We are about to get turn on! I'm bringing the video camera! Gavin has LVA or EVA!
Please visit my Blog and feel free to leave comments
heatherfrost1206@hotmail.com

tammy said...

Way to go Sophie (and mom & dad for all the hard work!) How great that she's making the sounds and getting such use out of her hearing aids! Way to hear Sophie!