Friday, October 17, 2008

Price starts Pre-K

Back in August Price was evaluated through the Livingston Parish School Board, for developmental delays due to his hearing loss. He was found to have some mild delays in speech do to his hearing loss which made him eligible for services through the school system. He qualified for speech therapy, a teacher of the hearing impaired, an audiologist, and assistive technology. Due to an opening he is also eligible for a spot in a reversed mainstream Pre-K class at a local elementary school. This is a class that is compiled of "normal" developing peers along with children with special needs. This class is for 3 and 4 year olds; therefore, Price will attend this year and next. I think he is going to do great. We had our first IEP meeting on Tuesday and I was VERY happy with all that was written out for Price. I could not believe how detailed and organized it was. His teacher and his therapists seem to be on target with Price's needs. I was very impressed. So we decided that he will start on Monday. YAY!!! I am kinda nervous but I know this is going to be a great step in his educational life. I am very thankful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How exciting!! I can't wait to read how Monday goes!