Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Great News

Our pediatrician wanted to have all our children tested to see if they may have characteristics of Alport's Syndrome. Alport's Syndrome is a condition that affects connective tissue in the ears (progressive hearing loss), eyes (cataract's), and kidneys (filtering toxins out of blood). The initial testing beings on urine specimens. Andrew and Sophie's tests came back negative for blood which was great! Price has had 2 urinalysis's' both showing small amounts of blood. Hematura, blood in urine, is a characteristic of Alport's sydrome. So needless to say, yesterday I was a complete mess. With the syndrome comes complete kidney failure in males between the ages of 20 and 30 years of age. But after talking with a nephrologist, he doesn't think this is the case with Price. There should be a family history that shows kidney disease. After talking with family members there is no one who has ever had this problem on either Mike or I's side. So that is great news. Although we now have to monitor Price to make sure the hematuria doesn't get worse. Doc said that some children have this issue and grow out of it as they get older. So we will continue to have checkups to make sure all stays the same or goes away. THANK YOU JESUS!!! But don't think I wasn't on my hands and knees begging Him for my children's health. Oh this week I also decided that I was going to start selling Mary Kay. I have been wanting to for a long time but now that money is getting tight, I thought I would give it a try. My goal is to have a debt free Christmas. So we shall see how it goes. www.marykay.com/mikki.spence if you would like to check out our products or make a purchase. Hope everyone is having a great week! The cooler weather sure is nice.

No comments: